Monday, April 6, 2009

Wonderings and Googlings (Wherein I wonder about words, then I Google them)


"essence of essential" = 26,100 hits

If there is ever a planet-wide contest to determine the greatest geniuses in the world, my vote will go for copywriters who write about spas. If there is ever a planet-wide contest to determine the people with the world's biggest cojones, again, I'm voting for the copywriters working for spas.

It takes both -- unparalleled genius and unmitigated hubris -- to write stuff like, "Our signature Pineapple Peppermint Rejuvenating Eye and Toe treatment uses the essence of essential oils to inspire the skin's inner youth energies and create a luxuriant glow."

Who are the nincompoops who say, "Wow! Sign me up for $120 worth of that!" and am I right to suspect that they're the same people who buy Chia Pets (or who bought that whole Iraq WMD story)?


Bookmark and Share




2 comments:

Faldone said...

Re: cajones

This means big boxes. The usual word to use in this context, if you mean what I think you mean, is cojones.

HTH

June Casagrande said...

Thank you. I admire your huevos in pointing that out! : )

I'll fix now ...

Share

Bookmark and Share