Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Dangler, Cliche du Jour


Dangler* du Jour: "Themed 'Where the Wild Things Are,' kids can have fun in this interactive animal exhibit."

Better: "Themed 'Where the Wild Things Are,' this interactive animal exhibit is a fun place for kids."

Cliche du Jour: "She's like a bad boomerang. She just keeps coming back."

Better:

No, that white space isn't a mistake.

(*Procured while copy editing. As always, the actual words are changed to protect the innocent. As always, "the innocent" means me.)

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Joy-Mari Cloete said...

So, wait, you wrote these? Hmmm. I think this inspired me to write another blog post... Thanks!

June Casagrande said...

Hello!

No. These were in articles I copy-edited. I catch danglers and cliches in my own writing, too. But to these I can lay no claim.

Joy-Mari Cloete said...

Oh, sorry, blond moment... I like the solution you had to the second problem. ;)

June Casagrande said...

No worries. I have 'em all the time.

Share

Bookmark and Share