Thursday, September 10, 2009

I Appreciate the Vote of Confidence


Typo scouting is not my thing, though you wouldn't know it from looking at my blog lately. I'm not looking for typos, but, like this promotional e-mail for Luxor Las Vegas, they keep finding me.
What does this spike in typos in my little world mean? Does it mean that copy editing, my most marketable skill (unless break dancing makes a comeback, and we all hope it will), is becoming obsolete? Will I soon be sitting in a dump atop a stack of VCRs along with a lot of other badly dressed white people arguing about hyphenation and/or who gets the cheese stuck to an old pizza box?
If corporations' and publications' quality standards keep heading in this direction, call me Junkyard Junie.





Bookmark and Share



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very thoughtfull post on confidence .It should be very much helpfull

Thanks,
Karim - Creating Power

June Casagrande said...

Thanks!

I'm a helper all right.

: )

Share

Bookmark and Share